Sunday, February 08, 2015

THE MAN I MARRIED 11

We moved to a three bedroom house in an estate in Utako about a week later. I don't know the magic Toba performed but all my things were moved to the house and perfectly arranged. He stayed with me in the hotel all through. It was like another honeymoon. We ate out, went to work and hung out most times. I still refused him sex but he was such a gentle man about everything, I believed it was a one time mistake. The Toba I know was very considerate anyway. The new house was much better  because it was quite spacious and it was just us in the compound. He went the extra mile of doing a new interior which was quite surprising as I was expecting the old things from our other apartment.


Our first night in the house, Toba made me dinner of pasta and sauce. Quite delicious I must confess. At a point I was thinking that maybe he should offend me more if this is what making up will be like. He was basically worshiping the ground I walked. It now felt like he finally understands he is married and really wants to fight to make it work. I was enjoying the praise and the lounging anyway. In the midst of all the euphoria of the new house, the amazing home cooked dinner and the body massage that night, I knew my defenses were going down faster than I could say Jack Robinson. We had decided not to mention that whole incidence anymore and have a fresh start so I was all out enjoying. Apart from the occasional pain when I remember briefly, marriage was definitely feeling like a cruise. I drifted off  to sleep during the body massage and the absolute sensation coaxing through my body jerked me awake. It was those waking up moments that had me keeping my eyes closed. My husband had decided to practically worship my body, as in literally. The pretense of sleep could not even last long when I felt the wetness of his tongue going higher than I could bear. I opened my eyes and there was no resisting such effects. It ended up being an all-nighter. From the bedroom, to the bathtub and even to our sparkling living room. It was like he needed to show me who was the boss and there was just no holding back. It was the perfect start we needed.

For one full year we tried getting pregnant and nothing happened. It just did not happen.For the first six months we focused on our careers and just having fun. We had our moments and disagreements and I began to understand what marriage was all about. The whole apology and honeymoon phase ended about 2 weeks after it started when Toba saw I was beginning to grow lazy and take advantage. So we got back into a routine; went to work, came home and ate dinner, gisted, watched t.v etc. Lest I forget, Oyin got married during this one year and had to move all the way to Port Harcourt. Quite sad and made me lonely. There was nobody to gist with outside of hubby and when he went out to "hang out with the boys", I was left alone. Oyin and i still did all the catching up on the phone but it was never the same. My job also got busier. Towards the middle/end of the year, there were more weddings which led to more brides and therefore more make overs. It also led to more money though so I could not complain. I started getting worried  about 10 months later and Toba decided it was best we took a vacation. I saw it as an opportunity of all sex with no work which I felt hopefully might increase our chances. Toba was already feeling pressured about my whole -we- must- have -sex -during- ovulation -syndrome.

We went to the Paris for two weeks, that was all the time we could both afford to take off work. It also coincided with our one year wedding anniversary. It was so much fun. Toba refused to be cornered into staying indoors all day to make love like I had planned. We ended up going out all day. Visiting the Eiffel tower was number one priority on his list. In fact it was the ultimate picture he had to have in our collection.We also visited the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre among other places. We still had all the sex I wanted and it still was a very memorable wedding anniversary get away. During the past one year, I have gotten to understand my hubby the more. He usually did not get angry as easily as myself but he was not ready to be controlled. He gave me everything I needed and some more. I never lacked surprise gifts either and the fights were beginning to reduce anyway the longer we were together.

The day after we got back to Nigeria, my mother in law called to inform me she was visiting us. I had been wondering when she was going to come anyway with her busy schedule and the fact that she had never been to our house. I was really looking forward to her stay. I told her I'll book her ticket and all and the only downer at that time was that she said she was only staying for three days and needed to discuss urgent issues with me. Okay, I already assumed she finally decided to be concerned about the lack of children after a year. We never told her about the miscarriage. She is generally a very pleasant person and we gisted all the time so I was wondering what was so important that she had to come all the way to Abuja. I tried to tease it out of her but she would not bulge. I booked her flight for Friday morning and already made plans in my head to go pick her from the airport. I actually genuinely loved my mother in law, I always thank God I did not have issues women usually complain about. Hubby was feeling all jealous that his mum did not call him to tell him about the trip but it was a nice kind of jealousy.

I went all out in anticipation of Friday. I got new sheets for the extra room and over stocked my freezer. Hubby kept telling me to relax but I was determined to go all out to impress her. I cooked three different soups into the freezer even though I knew she will not eat half of it. I had a wedding to attend that weekend and for once I was not the one doing the make up so I was even planning to go with her. Friday came finally and all my excitement faded..........
© Tunde Oni 2016. All rights reserved.
To put plainly, this was written by Tunde Oni. Do not exclude my name when sharing, helping others shine never reduces your shine. God bless you as you honour this request.



16 comments:

  1. Kai.Oni u r wicked oh.another 2 weeks filled with suspense wondering wat happened next.Daris god oh. Ur stories are wonderful n inspiring.pls keep up d good work n try and give us a weekly dose instead of 2 weekly naa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its usually posted every Sunday so its actually a weekly dose dear...No wickedness ooooo

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Yay!! Being looking forward to this! Cannot wait for the next episode. May God continue to grant wisdom and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. I'm neva a suspense person, neva will. Plss now, complete it already, plsss.

    Pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. chai!!! please, ow long are we going to wait for the next episode? biko, complete it na, i beg, i beg............... sobs............ God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm! Ok ooo am waiting patiently. Can't stop following and I must say I love your style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep it up ma. It's like Toba's mum is bringing a new wife or someone Toba dated one time ago.... Just guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oni you have come o! all this suspense wi kee perlzin o!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oni Sunday don reach oh.where is d 12th part?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oni, 2day is Monday o,and we haven't still seen the 12th part of dis story! isn't it suppose 2 be a weekly story! dnt keep us waiting abeg!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oni wan use suspense kii person.daris god oh

    ReplyDelete