Sunday, July 06, 2014

YOUR MARRIAGE AND YOUR DISPOSITION

It can truly be quite a daunting task to keep a happy disposition when all we want to do is wear a sad face. It is so easy to wear our problems on our faces as though they are somehow the biggest in the world. However, I have come to understand that keeping a happy disposition outside your marriage is very important.  Walking in to your office with an angry face because you just had a major argument with your spouse will not necessarily solve it, all it does is to announce to the whole world that you’re at it again and trust me there are jobless people that take count. Greeting that guest that just stepped into your home with a long face will not make them turn back, it would most likely make them want to intrude on why your marriage has issues when in truth, it is just a fight as usual. Am I talking to somebody here today?


Talking about disposition does not refer to the physical only. What about our social networks? A friend told me just before I got married not to let my bbm status always reflect the state of my marriage and I believe that is one of the best advice I ever got.  In the morning, you update,”So pissed and so disappointed, why does he/she always have to be like this?” Late at night, you update, “and now that is how to kiss and make up, glad I chose him/her”. It might not be as glaring as this but do you really need to advertise your marriage on social network? Of course, some of you would say I need him/her to see that I am angry and my question is, does he not have a phone number? Or do you not live in the same house? The whole of your 500 contacts on facebook and 1000 followers on twitter and Instagram and your 200 contacts on bbm just have to know that your partner can be so annoying.

It is beautiful when people see you happy and smiling all the time. Always in sync with your partner. They believe your marriage is perfect and it is because your problems are for you both and not to be shared by people who do not even care. Think of one happy couple you know and I would tell you they have a thousand and one problems. Just because they do not carry it on their face does not mean your problems are bigger than theirs. Let us live, love and learn for the journey is still far and it is not for the fainthearted.

N:B- It is on this note that I am announcing that we are going on a break for a little while. Subscribe to the blog so you can get notifications when we start reposting. We will definitely be coming back with bigger and better ways to help us all work at our marriages. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences. Many scenarios have been covered in this blog that you can always refer to when you need it. You can also email at tundeoni2@gmail.com.


2 comments:

  1. Hello! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this
    post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting
    about this. I will forward this article to him.

    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank
    you for sharing!

    my blog post ... google (google.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding quest there. What occurred after? Thanks!


    Here is my webpage: bdsm sites, http://www.gamefreefun.com,

    ReplyDelete